Sculpted Ai Weiwei By He Xiangyu Lies Face Down On The Ground ( On Floor #5)
Aia•i1 (ä′ē),USA pronunciation n., pl. a•is
- a three-toed sloth, Bradypus tridactylus, inhabiting forests of southern Venezuela, the Guianas, and northern Brazil, having a diet apparently restricted to the leaves of the trumpet-tree, and sounding a high-pitched cry when disturbed.
Byby1 (bī),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., pl. byes.
- near to or next to: a home by a lake.
- over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
- on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
- to and beyond the vicinity of;
past: He went by the church.
- within the extent or period of;
during: by day; by night.
- not later than;
at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
- to the extent or amount of: The new tug is larger than the old one by a great deal. He's taller than his sister by three inches.
- from the opinion, evidence, or authority of: By his own account he was in Chicago at the time. I know him by sight.
- according to;
in conformity with: This is a bad movie by any standards.
- with (something) at stake;
on: to swear by all that is sacred.
- through the agency, efficacy, work, participation, or authority of: The book was published by Random House.
- from the hand, mind, invention, or creativity of: She read a poem by Emily Dickinson. The phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- in consequence, as a result, or on the basis of: We met by chance. We won the game by forfeit.
- accompanied with or in the atmosphere of: Lovers walk by moonlight.
- in treatment or support of;
for: He did well by his children.
next after, as of the same items in a series: piece by piece; little by little.
- (in multiplication) taken the number of times as that specified by the second number, or multiplier: Multiply 18 by 57.
- (in measuring shapes) having an adjoining side of, as a width relative to a length: a room 10 feet by 12 feet.
- (in division) separated into the number of equal parts as that specified by the second number, or divisor: Divide 99 by 33.
- in terms or amounts of;
in measuring units of: Apples are sold by the bushel. I'm paid by the week.
- begot or born of: Eve had two sons by Adam.
- (of quadrupeds) having as a sire: Equipoise II by Equipoise.
- [Navig.](as used in the names of the 16 smallest points on the compass) one point toward the east, west, north, or south of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW, respectively: He sailed NE by N from Pago Pago.
- into, at, or to: Come by my office this afternoon.
in the immediate vicinity;
at hand: The school is close by.
- to and beyond a point near something;
past: The car drove by.
away: Put your work by for the moment. Over the years, she laid by enough money to retire.
past: in times gone by.
- by and by, in a short time;
presently: The clouds will disappear by and by.
- by and large, in general;
on the whole: By and large, there is much to be said for the new system.
- by me:
- (in bridge and other bidding card games) a declaration that the speaker is passing.
- (in poker) a declaration that the speaker is checking: Is my pair of tens still high? By me.
adj. Also, bye.
- situated to one side: They came down a by passage.
- secondary, incidental: It was only a by comment.
- by the by. See bye 1 (def. 5).
Faceface (fās),USA pronunciation n., v., faced, fac•ing.
- the front part of the head, from the forehead to the chin.
- a look or expression on this part: a sad face.
- an expression or look that indicates ridicule, disgust, etc.;
grimace: The child put on a face when told to go to bed.
makeup: Excuse me while I go to the powder room to put on my face.
boldness: to have the face to ask such a rude question.
- outward appearance: These are just old problems with new faces. The future presented a fair face to the fortunate youth.
- outward show or pretense, esp. as a means of preserving one's dignity or of concealing a detrimental fact, condition, etc.: Though shamed beyond words, he managed to show a bold face.
- good reputation;
prestige: They hushed up the family scandal to preserve face.
- the amount specified in a bill or note, exclusive of interest.
- the manifest sense or express terms, as of a document.
- the geographic characteristics or general appearance of a land surface.
- the surface: the face of the earth.
- the side, or part of a side, upon which the use of a thing depends: the clock's face; the face of a playing card.
- the most important or most frequently seen side;
front: the face of a building.
- the outer or upper side of a fabric;
- the acting, striking, or working surface of an implement, tool, etc.
- [Geom.]any of the bounding surfaces of a solid figure: a cube has six faces.
- Also called working face. the front or end of a drift or excavation, where the material is being or was last mined.
- the working surface of a type, of a plate, etc. See diag. under type.
- Also called typeface. any design of type, including a full range of characters, as letters, numbers, and marks of punctuation, in all sizes: Caslon is one of the most popular faces.See table under typeface.
- Also called typeface. the general style or appearance of type: broad or narrow face.
- [Naut., Aeron.]the rear or after side of a propeller blade (opposed to back).
- [Fort.]either of the two outer sides that form the salient angle of a bastion or the like. See diag. under bastion.
- any of the plane surfaces of a crystal.
- faceplate (def. 3).
presence: to flee from the face of the enemy.
- face to face:
- facing or opposite one another: We sat face to face at the table.
- in an open, personal meeting or confrontation: The leaders spoke face to face about a reduction in nuclear arms.
- face to face with, in close proximity to;
confronting: face to face with death.
- fly in the face of. See fly 1 (def. 21).
- get out of someone's face (usually used imperatively)
- [Southern U.S.]go away!;
- to stop bothering or annoying someone.
- in the face of:
- in spite of;
notwithstanding: She persevered in the face of many obstacles.
- when confronted with: They were steadfast in the face of disaster.
- lose face, to suffer disgrace, humiliation, or embarrassment: It was impossible to apologize publicly without losing face.
- make a face, to grimace, as in distaste or contempt;
contort one's face in order to convey a feeling or to amuse another: She made a face when she was told the work wasn't finished. The children made me laugh by making faces.
- on the face of it, to outward appearances;
seemingly: On the face of it, there was no hope for a comeback.
- put on a bold face, to give the appearance of confidence or assurance: Everyone knew that he had been fired, even though he put on a bold face.Also, put a bold face on.
- save face, to avoid disgrace, humiliation, or embarrassment: She tried to save face by saying that the bill had never arrived.
- set one's face against, to disapprove strongly of;
oppose: My parents have set their face against my becoming an actress.
- show one's face, to make an appearance;
be seen: I would be ashamed to show my face in such an outlandish outfit. Just show your face at the party and then you can leave.
- to one's face, in one's presence;
directly: Tell him to his face that he's a liar!
- to look toward or in the direction of: to face the light.
- to have the front toward or permit a view of: The building faces Fifth Avenue. The bedroom faces the park.
- to confront directly: to be faced with a problem; to face the future confidently.
- to confront courageously, boldly, or impudently (usually fol. by down or out): He could always face down his detractors.
- to oppose or to meet defiantly: to face fearful odds; Army faces Navy in today's football game.
- to cover or partly cover with a different material in front: They faced the old wooden house with brick.
- to finish the edge of a garment with facing.
- to turn the face of (a playing card) upwards.
- to dress or smooth the surface of (a stone or the like).
- to cause (soldiers) to turn to the right, left, or in the opposite direction.
- [Ice Hockey.](of a referee) to put (the puck) in play by dropping it between two opposing players each having his or her stick on the ice and facing the goal of the opponent.
- to turn or be turned (often fol. by to or toward): She faced toward the sea.
- to be placed with the front in a certain direction (often fol. by on, to, or toward): The house faces on the street. The barn faces south.
- to turn to the right, left, or in the opposite direction: Left face!
- [Ice Hockey.]to face the puck (often fol. by off).
- face down, to confront boldly or intimidate (an opponent, critic, etc.).
- face off, [Ice Hockey.]to start a game or period with a face-off.
- face the music. See music (def. 9).
- face up to:
- to acknowledge;
admit: to face up to the facts.
- to meet courageously;
confront: He refused to face up to his problems.
Downdown1 (doun),USA pronunciation adv.
- from higher to lower;
in descending direction or order;
toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- on or to the ground, floor, or bottom: He fell down.
- to or in a sitting or lying position.
- to or in a position, area, or district considered lower, esp. from a geographical or cartographic standpoint, as to the south, a business district, etc.: We drove from San Francisco down to Los Angeles.
- to or at a lower value or rate.
- to a lesser pitch or volume: Turn down the radio.
- in or to a calmer, less active, or less prominent state: The wind died down.
- from an earlier to a later time: from the 17th century down to the present.
- from a greater to a lesser strength, amount, etc.: to water down liquor.
- in an attitude of earnest application: to get down to work.
- on paper or in a book: Write down the address.
- in cash at the time of purchase;
at once: We paid $50 down and $20 a month.
- to the point of defeat, submission, inactivity, etc.: They shouted down the opposition.
- in or into a fixed or supine position: They tied down the struggling animal.
- to the source or actual position: The dogs tracked down the bear.
- into a condition of ill health: He's come down with a cold.
- in or into a lower status or condition: kept down by lack of education.
- toward the lee side, so as to turn a vessel to windward: Put the helm down!
- on toast (as used in ordering a sandwich at a lunch counter or restaurant): Give me a tuna down.
- down with!
- away with! cease!: Down with tyranny!
- on or toward the ground or into a lower position: Down with your rifles!
- in a descending or more remote direction or place on, over, or along: They ran off down the street.
going or directed downward: the down escalator.
- being at a low position or on the ground, floor, or bottom.
- toward the south, a business district, etc.
- associated with or serving traffic, transportation, or the like, directed toward the south, a business district, etc.: the down platform.
dejected: You seem very down today.
- ailing, esp., sick and bedridden: He's been down with a bad cold.
- being the portion of the full price, as of an article bought on the installment plan, that is paid at the time of purchase or delivery: a payment of $200 down.
- [Football.](of the ball) not in play.
- behind an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The team won the pennant despite having been down three games in the final week of play.
- losing or having lost the amount indicated, esp. at gambling: After an hour at poker, he was down $10.
- having placed one's bet: Are you down for the fourth race?
- finished, done, considered, or taken care of: five down and one to go.
- out of order: The computer has been down all day.
- down and out, down-and-out.
- down cold or pat, mastered or learned perfectly: Another hour of studying and I'll have the math lesson down cold.
- down in the mouth, discouraged;
- down on, [Informal.]hostile or averse to: Why are you so down on sports?
- a downward movement;
- a turn for the worse;
reverse: The business cycle experienced a sudden down.
- one of a series of four plays during which a team must advance the ball at least 10 yd. (9 m) to keep possession of it.
- the declaring of the ball as down or out of play, or the play immediately preceding this.
- an order of toast at a lunch counter or restaurant.
- downer (defs. 1a, b).
- to put, knock, or throw down;
subdue: He downed his opponent in the third round.
- to drink down, esp. quickly or in one gulp: to down a tankard of ale.
- to defeat in a game or contest: The Mets downed the Dodgers in today's game.
- to cause to fall from a height, esp. by shooting: Antiaircraft guns downed ten bombers.
- to go down;
- (used as a command to a dog to stop attacking, to stop jumping on someone, to get off a couch or chair, etc.): Down, Rover!
- (used as a command or warning to duck, take cover, or the like): Down! They're starting to shoot!
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Groundground1 (ground),USA pronunciation n.
- the solid surface of the earth;
firm or dry land: to fall to the ground.
- earth or soil: stony ground.
- land having an indicated character: rising ground.
- Often, grounds. a tract of land appropriated to a special use: picnic grounds; a hunting ground.
- Often, grounds. the foundation or basis on which a belief or action rests;
reason or cause: grounds for dismissal.
- subject for discussion;
topic: Sex education is forbidden ground in some school curricula.
- rational or factual support for one's position or attitude, as in a debate or argument: on firm ground; on shaky ground.
- the main surface or background in painting, decorative work, lace, etc.
- a coating of some substance serving as a surface for paint, ink, or other media in art: Lead white is a traditional ground for oil paintings.
- See ground color (def. 2).
- (in perception) the background in a visual field, contrasted with the figure.
- Also called etching ground. an acid-resistant substance, composed of wax, gum, and resin in varying proportions, applied to the entire surface of an etching plate and through which the design is drawn with an etching needle.
- grounds, dregs or sediment: coffee grounds.
- grounds, the gardens, lawn, etc., surrounding and belonging to a building.
- [Elect.]a conducting connection between an electric circuit or equipment and the earth or some other conducting body.
- See ground bass.
- [Naut.]the bottom of a body of water.
- the earth's solid or liquid surface;
land or water.
- a strip of wood to which woodwork can be attached, set flush with the plaster finish of a room.
- a strip of wood or length of corner bead used at an opening as a stop for plasterwork.
- break ground:
- to plow.
- to begin excavation for a construction project.
- to begin upon or take preparatory measures for any undertaking.
- cover ground:
- to pass or travel over a certain area.
- to make a certain amount of progress in dealing with a piece of work, subject, treatise, or the like: He talked for two hours without covering much ground.
- cut the ground from under, to render (an argument, position, person, etc.) ineffective or invalid;
refute: It didn't require much effort to cut the ground from under that case.
- from the ground up:
- gradually from the most elementary level to the highest level: She learned the business from the ground up.
thoroughly: The professor knew his subject from the ground up.
- gain ground:
- to make progress;
- to gain approval or acceptance: The case for air-pollution control is gaining ground throughout the country.
- give ground, to yield to force or forceful argument;
retreat: The disarmament talks reached an impasse when neither side would give ground on inspection proposals.
- hold or stand one's ground, to maintain one's position;
be steadfast: The referee stood his ground, though his decision was hotly contested by the crowd.
- into the ground, beyond a reasonable or necessary point: You've stated your case, and you needn't run it into the ground.
- lose ground:
- to retreat or be forced back.
- to lose one's advantage;
suffer a reverse.
- to wane in popularity or acceptance;
begin to fail: Our candidate is losing ground in industrial areas.
- off the ground, [Informal.]into action or well under way: The play never got off the ground.
- on one's own ground, in an area or situation that one knows well.
- on the ground, at the place of interest or importance;
actively engaged: Minutes after the bank robbery reporters were on the ground to get the story.
- shift ground, to change position in an argument or situation.
- suit down to the ground, to be perfectly satisfactory;
please greatly: This climate suits me down to the ground.
- take the ground, [Naut.]to become grounded at low water.
- to ground:
- into a den, burrow, shelter, or the like: a fox gone to ground.
- into concealment or hiding: Rather than take the witness stand, she went to ground in another country.
- situated on or at, or adjacent to, the surface of the earth: a ground attack.
- pertaining to the ground.
- operating on land: ground forces.
- to lay or set on the ground.
- to place on a foundation;
settle or establish;
- to instruct in elements or first principles: to ground students in science.
- to furnish with a ground or background, as on decorative work.
- to cover (wallpaper) with colors or other materials before printing.
- [Elect.]to establish a ground for (a circuit, device, etc.).
- [Naut.]to cause (a vessel) to run aground.
- [Aeron.]to restrict (an aircraft or the like) to the ground because of bad weather, the unsatisfactory condition of the aircraft, etc.
- to forbid (a pilot) to fly because of bad health, failure to comply with safety regulations, or the like.
- to put out of action or make unable to participate: The quarterback was grounded by a knee injury.
- to restrict the activities, esp. the social activities, of: I can't go to the party—my parents have grounded me until my grades improve.
- to come to or strike the ground.
- to hit a ground ball.
- to ground out.
- ground out, [Baseball.]to be put out at first base after hitting a ground ball to the infield.
ground′ward, ground′wards, adv., adj.
Howdy peoples, this post is about Sculpted Ai Weiwei By He Xiangyu Lies Face Down On The Ground ( On Floor #5). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 654 x 436. It's file size is only 21 KB. Wether You ought to save This blog post to Your PC, you could Click here. You might too download more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: On Floor.
If the wooden ground has become ever more popular Sculpted Ai Weiwei By He Xiangyu Lies Face Down On The Ground ( On Floor #5) cannot be denied, perhaps has turned into a tendency while in the field of interior design. Type and various kinds are increasingly currently mushrooming available in the market. This involves you to selectively select what type of wood floors are of high quality. But however nearly all of you're still baffled in choosing a normal wood ground with the imitation.
Flooring products are original wooden surfaces, since numerous wood flooring items in the marketplace aren't all-wood. Below we summarize three varieties of wood floor items noticed from the substance as a concern within the choice. Here are three recommendations on selecting a normal timber surfaces: On Floor such as for example sheets of board of a dimension that is particular.
Apparent from the following inquiries that often arise from consumers in regards to the wooden flooring. From your past post we can uncover wooden floors balanced for that family and before selecting to choose a floor, is highly recommended beforehand unfamiliar destination using wooden floor.